Thursday, December 11, 2014

DIY Plein Air Carry All

I searched for the perfect bag and finally decided it doesn't exist. So I decided to make my own out of  recycled fabric and whatever I could find in my sewing basket. My husband donated an old pair of blue jeans to the cause, so that made the rest easy. I just added an assortment of old buttons, a couple of snaps and some leftover fabric from curtains I made years ago.

It holds an amazing amount of stuff. My husband said that it reminded him of Mary Poppins' carpet bag the way I just kept pulling large items out of it. I put a rectangular piece of mat board on the bottom so that it will sit flat.
 All of my awkwardly shaped gear goes in                                                                                                without a problem.


Yes, it is rather funny looking, but my daughter once told me that she thinks I would do almost anything if I thought it was funny. Well, maybe she is right. One thing I didn't demonstrate in the video is that I can connect the two handles making one long one if I want to wear it as a cross over bag. It's just a matter of buttoning them together.

So this is my bag. Custom made weirdness.
My 'Got a Minute?' video is about 2 minutes this time. Hope you can squeeze it in. Let me know what you think in the comments.





No comments:

Post a Comment