Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Does Alice Live Here?

This week we sought shelter from the rain under a pavilion in Sunflower Park in DeLand, Fl. The name of the park is a little puzzling since we could find nary a sunflower anywhere. But it's a pretty spot and it had a giant clock which reminded me of Alice in Wonderland. I may have seen the white rabbit.


I edited my view a bit by moving the tree to the left and eliminating trash cans and picnic tables.
Here are a few progression shots.

I pretty much worked from left to right on this one. Not my typical method.

Most of the greenery is in.

I'll do a little minor tweaking in my nice dry studio

All done!  "Alices Garden" - oil - 9"x 12" - $370

If you are interested in this piece I'm offering free shipping within the U.S. (continental)

3 comments:

  1. The painter's prerogative---leaving out what you don't like in a scene. Wish I could do that as a photographer! Lovely, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting is amazing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete