Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Painting History

Does absence really make the heart grow fonder? Well if it is true, I must be well loved by now.  Even though I haven't posted lately, I have been painting up a storm.

Our little painting group spent several weeks painting nearby in Lake Helen. Some of these will be on display at Hopkins Hall in Lake Helen during the Christmas Home Tour December 5 &6.







Sunday Morning at Zion Baptist - oil - Leah Wiedemer




We painted several of Lake Helen's historic churches.

Vespers - oil - Leah Wiedemer
And the historic City Hall complete with sand hill crane visitors.

Breakfast at City Hall - oil - 11"x 14"
Then we took a break from Lake Helen and went to Lake Woodruff Refuge. This is one of my favorite spots in spite of the fact that the mosquitoes eat me alive.

Rainy Day at the Refuge - oil - Leah Wiedemer
The sun never made an appearance and eventually the rain chased us away. But this turned out to be one of my favorite paintings. I guess there is just something about a gloomy day that appeals to me.

I'm interested in what you think. Please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment