Monday, September 8, 2014

My French Easel





Perhaps it's an emotional attachment I feel to my french easel.There is a certain charm in its antiquarian style and of course having the word 'french' in the name doesn't hurt either. I've had it almost as long as I've been painting. I bought into the romance; the idea of it and used it when I painted demos or taught. But I never actually set it up outside, alla Monet until about six months ago when I dipped my toe gingerly into the cool waters of plein air painting.  I love the wood construction and the way it is completely self contained. It holds all the supplies I need. It's been a true and loyal friend.
BUT  it is heavy. Weighing in at this corner... the French Easel - a whopping ten pounds!
Check out the short video below as I demonstrate how to set it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment