Monday, October 20, 2014

Rockefeller's River View

This week the weatherman was calling for rain so I decided to stick close to home for my plein air day. It still hasn't rained by the way. Anyway... here I am at The Casements. It's a lovely estate which was purchased by John Rockefeller in the 1900's, and is located on the Halifax River here in Ormond Beach.

 I found a good spot under cover just in case it did decide to rain. I edited this scene quite a bit by moving some trees and taking out other trees as well as the picnic tables.  I thought the dock would make the painting too cluttered so I removed it as well. I'll paint it another time. So 'simplify' was the word of the day.

Take a look at my brief video to see my progress. It takes just a little over a minute.


Here is the finished painting. Typically I will continue to make minor adjustments over a couple of days. That is likely to occur this time as well.


Rockefeller's River View - oil - 8"x 10" - $280 (framed)
I'd love to read any comments you might have! 
Please comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment