Monday, April 25, 2016

Four Days and Seven Paintings

The "Find Your Park" plein air event was in celebration of the 100th anniversary of our national park system. The St. Augustine, Fl Cultural Association participated by sponsoring a week long paint out at the Castillo de San Marcos and Fort Matanzas. It was a great week getting to meet other plein air artists and painting in beautiful St. Augustine. The sun shone and the wind blew which for me meant seeking out shade and holding down my easel with one hand while I painted with the other. It was both fun and exhausting. I'd do it again in a minute!

Day 1 - Fort Matanzas
"Enter Through the Gift Shop" - 8"x 10" - oil
"Tree on the Marsh" - oil - 5"x 7"


"Matanzas Beachette" -oil- 8"x 10"



Day 2 - The Castillo
"The Lookout" - oil - 11"x 14"


Day 3 - The Castillo
"Windy Picnic" - oil - 11"x 14"- sold

Day 4 - The Castillo
"Palm Shadows in the Old City" - oil - 11"x 14"
You may have noticed that I only put up six paintings when I said there were seven. Number seven never got photographed, so you'll just have to take my word for it. I might get around to taking it's picture next week after I recover.






No comments:

Post a Comment