Thursday, May 26, 2016

Waterways Plein Air

The Smithsonian is sponsoring  a  plein air event in Putnam County, Florida called "Waterways". The Smithsonian name immediately got my attention, so I trekked out to Crescent City with my painting buddy last week to find an appealing lake view.  We landed at the public dock on Crescent Lake and set up among a handful of fisher folk.
This was my view from the dock.

I eliminated the covered structure on the left and changed the color of the boathouse on the right, and brought the boathouse closer to the foreground.
My mantra was 'simplify, simplify'.
Crescent Lake Boathouse - oil - 8" x 10" - $280 -  Wiedemer

It was accepted in the show at the Bronson -Mulholland House in Palatka. I'm looking forward to going to the opening tomorrow.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment